The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting consumers who have purchased Felix Custom Smoking branded products directly from the firm, as well as companies and commercial and sports fishermen who have used Felix to process, package, and/or label their seafood.
- The FDA is advising consumers not to eat any of Felix’s products or products processed by Felix and to discard any remaining products they may have purchased in the past due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- The FDA is advising companies and commercial fishermen not to sell or further distribute any products processed by Felix. They also should discard any of their remaining products that were processed by Felix due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Felix Custom Smoking of Monroe, Washington, is a processor of a variety of ready-to-eat salmon, squid jerky, and frozen, hot smoked and cold smoked seafood. The firm also processes seafood products for companies that distribute these products independently.
Some of Felix’s products include:
- Felix Northwest Blend Smoked Wild King Salmon
- Felix Northwest Blend Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon
- Felix Northwest Blend Smoked Wild Tuna
- Felix Pepper Smoked Wild Mixed Salmon Jerky
- Felix Wild Keta Teriyaki Smoked Salmon Jerky
One of Felix’s customers, Loki Fish Company, issued its own product recall on August 23, 2021.