In an ever-changing, consumer driven industry, manufacturers seek to ensure that their products are meeting the latest demands. Sustainability, efficiency and product safety are all hot button issues that will be addressed with the latest packaging technology at this fall’s PACK EXPO Las Vegas (Las Vegas Convention Center; Sept. 25-27, 2017), produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
The event is expected to host 30,000 attendees, including 5,000 international visitors from more than 125 countries, combined with 2,000-plus exhibiting companies, and will span nearly 900,000 net square feet of an almost sold-out exhibit floor. In addition, PMMI is excited about the inclusion of the inaugural Healthcare Packaging EXPO, which will be co-located with PACK EXPO.
Check Out the Must-See Features at This Year’s Show:
- The Containers and Materials Pavilion: This year, the Containers and Materials Pavilion will address the latest innovations, including updates on paperboard, glass, metal and plastic. Flexible and resalable packaging options will also be on display, as well as innovation in options for containers and materials.
- The Showcase of Packaging Innovations: Sponsored by Dow, award-nominated packaging solutions will be on display at the Showcase of Packaging Innovations located within The Containers and Materials Pavilion. Attendees will be able to see inspiring technology that addresses the evolving needs of demanding consumers.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion: As demand rises for sustainable packaging solutions, the Reusable Packaging Pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association (RPA), is a hotspot to help you reduce waste, cut costs and gain supply chain efficiency. If you’re considering how reusable packaging can help your bottom line, start here.
- The Confectionery Pavilion: Candy and snack connoisseurs can find the newest trends and technologies relating to aeration, batch refining, shaping, cluster production and much more at the Confectionery Pavilion, Sponsored by Dorner Manufacturing Corp. and hosted by NCA (National Confectioners Association).
- Industry-specific Lounges: Attendees of PACK EXPO Las Vegas can network with peers, gain specialized insights and just rest and recharge at three different industry-specific lounges. Hosted by the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), the Beverage Cooler Lounge (Booth #7632) will offer educational presentations, including Ask-the-Expert sessions. The Baking and Snack Break Lounge (Booth #S-7832), sponsored and hosted by the American Bakers Association, offers professionals within those industries a similar hub as does the Candy Bar Lounge (Booth# S-7202) sponsored by Dorner Manufacturing Corp. and hosted by NCA, located in The Confectionery Pavilion.
- The PMMI Education & Workforce Development Pavilion: Attendees can start maximizing their time in Las Vegas before the show doors even open. Two of PMMI’s most popular training workshops will be offered in the Upper South Hall: The Risk Assessment Workshop (Sept. 23-24), prepares manufacturing professionals to conduct successful risk assessments to improve safety while the Certified Trainer Workshop (Sept. 25-26), is a cross-industry seminar on the best tactics to train well across all employee skill levels. Learn more here.
- PACK gives BACK: Sponsored by Rockwell Automation, PMMI’s regular benefit returns to PACK EXPO Las Vegas with a networking event in support of PACK EXPO Scholarships, a scholarship program for U.S. and Canadian students majoring in packaging and processing. Guests can enjoy beer, wine, light appetizers and a performance by the GRAMMY award-winning American band, The Doobie Brothers. Tickets to the fundraiser are $75.
- Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network (PPWLN): Launched in 2016, PPWLN serves to recruit, retain and advance women in processing and packaging. The PPWLN meeting will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 26.
In addition to the packaging and processing technologies that will be on display on the show floor, PACK EXPO Las Vegas will be giving attendees access to free educational programming at The Innovation Stage. During the show, 30-minute seminars presenting breakthrough technologies and techniques will be scheduled and will focus on a wide range of industry specific solutions.
Take a Look at Some of the Other Innovations you Can Expect to See on the Show Floor:
New Deli Cup Sealer Combats Repetitive Stress System
Hinds-Bock Corporation (Booth #S-7573) will display its Rotary Cup Sealer, a new, fully independent production system used for filling deli style cups with dips, sauces and butters. The sealer is available in two models: the Rotary Cup Sealer CS-08 with a built-in depositor, and the larger Rotary Cup Sealer CS-12 with an optional SP-64 depositor. Both models offer production rates of 40 cups per minute, automatic cup denesters, sealers and lidders, touch-screen PLC controls and tool-free assembly and disassembly.
Easy-Use Sensor Provides Multi-Functionality and Accuracy
MoistTech Corp. (Booth #S-7804) presents the IR3000 Series Sensor, which measures moisture, oil and fat content, as well as the thickness and weight of coatings, hot melts, glues, adhesives and more. The sensor’s near infrared (NIR) technology brings high accuracy levels and offers the ability to measure multiple constituents instantly with one unit. It reduces downtime and start-up time, eliminates waste and energy costs, and monitors moisture and other constituent levels at every stage of the process.
Applications: Food, beverage, dairy, paper/printing, pharmaceutical, textiles
Potato Product Sorters Bring Greater Productivity and Safety
TOMRA Sorting Solutions (Booth #S-8027) announces the launch of two new innovative sorting machines: the TOMRA 5A and the TOMRA 5B. The TOMRA 5A, which sorts whole unpeeled and peeled process potatoes, offers foreign material removal and potato quality sorting controls. The TOMRA 5B sorts vegetables, french fries, chips and other potato products, features smart surround view technology, high-resolution cameras and high-intensity LEDs. Both machines are specifically designed to improve product quality and safety, while providing minimal product waste and maximum uptime.
Plastic Pallet Offers Safety, Recyclability and Savings
Offering a completely recyclable alternative to traditional wood pallets, iGPS Logistics (Booth #S-8238) will display its iGPS plastic pallet, which is RFID-trackable, non-absorbent, durable and lighter than wood. The plastic pallet brings substantial operational savings and efficiencies for both manufacturers and retailers. This multi-use pallet has received the National Sanitation Foundation’s Food Equipment Certification.
Applications: Food, Beverage, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Meat and Poultry
Registration for PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2017 is now open and can be found at packexpolasvegas.com.