The Food Processing Suppliers Association recently released the schedule of its slate of packaging sessions as part of the PROCESS EXPO UNIVERSITY educational program taking place at Chicago's McCormick Place from September 15-18, 2015. The program features academics from leading educational institutions in the world and other experts discussing critical issues in the packaging of food and beverage products.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- Advancements in Aseptic Processing and Packaging – Steve Smith, Purdue University
- The Role of Packaging in Food Fraud Prevention – Dr. John Spink, Michigan State University
- New Packaging Trends and their Impact on In-Package Atmospheres – Dr. Eva Almenar, Michigan State University
- Dynamic Testing of Packaged Food Products to Minimize Supply Chain Risk – Eric Hiser, International Safe Transit Association
Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Innovative Developments in Food Packaging – Dr. Loong-Tak Lim, University of Guelph
“We feel that these sessions greatly complement the processing program at PROCESS EXPO UNIVERSITY and serve as an example of the type of whole-line solutions processors will find at this year’s show," said Gil Williams, Chairman of the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA) and President of Poly-clip System USA and Canada. “This is also reflected on the show floor where you have packaging equipment right alongside of processing equipment and other service providers. The one thing that all of these exhibitors have in common is their singular focus on the food and beverage industry.”
“The educational program at PROCESS EXPO is one of the most popular aspects of this trade show with average attendance in each session more than doubling from the previous show,” said FPSA President and CEO David Seckman. “By partnering with top universities and other expert organizations, we are providing more value to attendees who look to learn more about important topics in this industry and provide valuable insight to their staff.
Attendance to all sessions is free of charge for registered attendees. Advance registration for PROCESS EXPO is $25 and $50 on-site. Given the high demand for these educational sessions, registrants are asked to sign up in advance to ensure their seat.
For more information about the show, to see the entire educational schedule or to register please visit www.myprocessexpo.com.
- See more at: http://www.myprocessexpo.com/media/press-releases/schedule-packaging-sessions-released#sthash.rOuxnsIp.dpuf