Madison Chemical (Madison, IN) has introduced their phosphorous-free MadBrew CAUSTIC-NP, a heavy-duty, alkaline detergent designed for craft brewers. Features of the non-foaming detergent for soak and recirculation cleaning include:
- Penetration on hot-side brewery residuals.
- Acts chemically and physically on typical soils, including tough deposits, and prevents the formation of beerstone.
- Saponifies and emulsifies oils and fats, disperses proteinaceous soils and breaks down carbohydrates.
- Acceptable for use in food and beverage plants as an A2 compound for use only in soak tanks or with steam or mechanical cleaning devices in all departments.
- Safe for all ferrous, stainless steel and most copper alloys