Ross (Hauppauge, NY) has expanded its PDDM planetary mixer line to include larger working capacities up to 750 gallons. The PDDM is a multi-agitator mixer featuring two planetary stirrer blades and two high speed disperser shafts. Designed for highly viscous and highly filled applications, the hybrid planetary mixer/disperser can incorporate large amounts of dry ingredients into thick or sticky liquid, and apply intense shear to achieve a smooth and uniform consistency. The 300-gallon model (pictured) features:
- 4 saw-tooth blades that spin on high speed shafts while revolving around the vessel, accelerating solids dispersion, and particle size reduction.
- 2 helical planetary stirrers that rotate at lower speeds to constantly turnover batch material, ensuring that product is evenly mixed and heated regardless of flow characteristics.
- A sidewall scraper arm that enhances material and heat transfer around the vessel periphery.
- The ability to fine-tune the observed flow turbulence and shear at any stage of the mixing cycle, because the stirrers and dispersers are independently driven by two different motors.
The PDDM is rated for vacuum operation up to 29.5”Hg and includes:
- A jacketed change-can vessel.
- Sight/charge ports on the cover.
- An automated lift for raising/lowering the agitators.
This mixer is usually supplied with a Discharge System for fast and convenient transfer of the finished product within minutes.
For more information, visit www.mixers.com or call 1-800-243-7677.