ORBIS Corporation has introduced an all-plastic pallet designed to optimize the supply chain of small footprint retailers by eliminating product touches during the order replenishment process, from distribution center (DC) to store to floor.
Many of today’s retailers are expanding their reach with the presence of small-format stores. These retailers are analyzing the best way to get their products from the truck into their back room or right to the point-of-sale efficiently, while reducing risk of product damage, cutting merchandising labor costs and maximizing valuable retail floor space.
With the 42 x 30 Small-format HP Pallet, full case and split-cases can be sorted and loaded at the DC. The pallet is then delivered to the store and used as a replenishment vehicle at the point of sale. Once pallets arrive at the retailer, they can be moved directly to the floor, reducing labor costs and maximizing storage space.
With limited floor space and narrow doors, small-format retailers are seeking more efficient product deliveries. Its 30” width allows for easy access through narrow doorways and tight store aisles. Its contoured corners won’t damage product and the solid body construction accommodates a variety of load sizes and weights.
The 42 x 30 Small-Format HP Pallet offers:
• Faster deliveries, with 30” pallet width that provides access through narrow doorways and maneuverability in store
• Truckload density, with 45 pallet locations per 53’ trailer
• Generous clearance for forklifts to de-nest a full stack of pallets, with slanted fork entry and a discontinuous, stepped pallet lip
• Ease of manual handling, with a 20 lb tare weight and ergonomic hand holes
• Added efficiency with molded-in stretch wrap notches in each pallet corner
The non-porous, hygienic construction enables easy floor cleaning and handling within the retail environment. ORBIS pallets are fully recyclable at the end of their service life.