SKF (Lansdale, PA) has introduced enhanced formulas to Solid Oil bearings that stand to benefit more applications across industries. These bearings feature:
- An oil-saturated polymer matrix that contains 2x-4x more lubricating oil than standard grease-filled bearings.
- A consistent lubricant supply.
- The ability to withstand temperatures down to -65ºF and -53ºC.
- The ability to withstand aggressive chemicals, contaminants, and high centrifugal forces.
- Bearings never have to be re-lubricated.
SKF manufacturing capabilities for bearings with solid oil have been housed at the SKF Solution Factory in Cleveland, OH, resulting in advanced production and quicker delivery timelines anywhere in the USA and Canada.
Virtually any standard SKF bearing type (including stainless steel) can be equipped with Solid Oil, which both provides required lubricant to a bearing and acts as an extremely effective seal by completely filling a bearing’s cavity. Seals for lubricant retention become unnecessary.
The enhanced portfolio of Solid Oil formulas expands bearing solutions for the most critical and formidable applications. These include:
- Food processing equipment (with two NSF H1 registered compounds available).
- Conveyors where manual greasing would raise safety issue.
A variety of additives, such as rust inhibitors, can be specified into the mix for increased protection and customized product solutions can be developed to meet especially demanding requirements.
For more information, visit www.skfusa.com; 267-436-6772.