Kason Corporation (Millburn, NJ) offer their Twin XOB-PS-SS PNEUMATI-SIFTER Ultra High Capacity dual centrifugal sifter. The new unit can be used to de-agglomerate and screen bulk materials in-line with dilute-phase pneumatic conveying systems at high rates. Additional features include:
- Rated up to 14.5 psig positive pressure and 14 in. vacuum, it delivers the capacity of two independent high-output sifters, but in less floor space.
- A feed splitter evenly divides the flow of incoming material into two horizontally-oriented cylindrical screening chambers operating in parallel. A shaft within each screening chamber rotates a helical paddle assembly that accelerates the radial movement of particles and soft agglomerates against and through the screen.
- On-size particles pass through apertures in the screens and discharge through a cone-shaped chute, while oversize particles are ejected via a manual or automatic valve into a sealed, quick-release receptacle.
- Each of the twin screening chambers features a cantilevered shaft with two, externally-mounted bearings between the screening chamber and motor drive, eliminating the need for a third bearing on the hinged overs end plate. The design allows all internals to slide freely from the shaft ends for cleaning, screen changes, or inspection.
- Wide spacing between the bearings, a large diameter shaft, and a flexible shaft coupling combine to prevent vibration, even at high speeds under heavy, imbalanced loads.
- Compliant with FDA, 3-A, BISSC, EEC and other U.S. and European sanitary standards as well as ATEX compliance.
- Constructed of stainless steel finished to sanitary standards with thread-free internals, quick-release fittings and optional Clean-in-Place (CIP) nozzles.