Silgan Equipment (Waukegan, IL) offers their 51R56 vision inspection for beverages and foods packaged using bottles and caps. Features and upgrades include:
- The ability to detect and reject incorrectly capped, damaged or incompletely filled containers before they proceed downstream.
- The upgraded 51R56G uses high-resolution GigE Flir cameras. and Windows 10 software. As a result, the system produces higher resolution images, improved inspection results, and quicker processing.
- Multiple cameras conduct 360-degree inspection of passing containers. The vision tunnel is mounted on a stand that enables the unit to be positioned over an existing conveyor line, eliminating the need to break into a line to provide space. This configuration also enables the unit to be raised or lowered as it inspects different height containers.
- A NEMA 4X-rated HMI is mounted on a separate stand next to the conveyor, and provides a 15" touchscreen interface through which operators can access inspection menus and initiate product changeovers. The HMI’s menus can contain up to 50 product inspection target configurations.
- The unit can inspect capsizes from 28 mm to 43 mm, and up to 82 mm with changes to camera lenses and lighting.
- An auto configuration teach function for adding new target configurations to the menu.