Siligan Equipment (Waukegan, IL) offers their 2D-X2 Inspection System that employs dual lasers to scan the surface of the cap on a packaged beverage or food product to determine proper cap sealing. Additional features and functions include:
- Side-by-side laser beams scan the top surface of each cap to immediately detect cap tilt and overall cap height.
- When the lasers detect an uneven cap height, the cap is cocked; when they detect a non-standard package height, the cap is either low (not present) or is high (not completely seated). These results indicate a package that is not securely sealed.
- Installs over an existing conveyor line to save floor space.
- The lasers are mounted in a protective housing rated NEMA 4X, resistant to washdowns.
- The sensor height is adjusted by a handwheel, and the beam-spread adjustment by a rotary knob, allowing for fast and accurate placement.
- As filled and capped containers pass, the lasers scan the surface of each cap to identify rejects for removal downstream.
- Operators access the 2D-X2 system controls through a full-color touchscreen HMI that is located next to the line.