AutomationDirect has added motors designed for washdown environments to its stepper systems product line. SureStep® IP65-rated high-torque stepping motors are protected from solids and dust ingress and from low pressure water jets from any direction, making them suitable for many washdown applications. Additional features of the single-shaft motors include:
- Industry-standard NEMA 17, 23, and 34 mounting flanges.
- The ability to provide holding torque from 61 to 1,288 ounce-inches.
- Two-phase technology with 200 full steps per revolution, or 1.8 degrees per full step.
- A waterproof white epoxy coating on the motor laminations.
- Special bearings and seals to keep moisture out.
- A 1' cable and locking connector.
- Available in 6', 10' and 20' lengths.