Total food industry deals for February 2020 worth $2.88 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 218.6 percent over the previous month and a rise of 2.4 percent when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.82 billion.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 3 percent over the last 12-month average with 65 deals against the average of 67 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $1.75 billion.
Food industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 94.1 percent of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $2.71 billion, against the overall value of $2.88 billion recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Mondelez International’s $1.2 billion acquisition of Give And Go Prepared Foods
- The $825.86 million acquisition of Glycom by Royal DSM
- Dairy Farmers of America’s $425 million asset transaction with Dean Foods
- The $227.25 million acquisition of Ajinomoto(Thailand) Ltd by AjinomotoInc
- SATS’s acquisition of Monty’s Bakehouse UK for $34.72 million.