Mettler-Toledo Product Inspection (Lutz, FL) recently updated their ProdX product inspection management software. Based on Industry 4.0 principles of secure machine-to-machine communication, and in preparation for connectivity to the latest data-protective Blockchain technology, ProdX 2.4 delivers:
- Full digital track and trace and real-time food safety compliance.
- Security across firewalls, with enhanced Open Platform Communication Unified Architecture (OPC UA), encrypted machine-to-machine communication, including tags for performance test results that can be shared with ERP and MES platforms.
- Automatically logged performance test data to fulfill food safety regulations.
- Full support for batch changeovers, which means that an individual product can be automatically traced via its unique serial number.
- Fail-safe testing for product inspection, ensuring due diligence and compliant performance.
- Data is automatically captured and is tamper-proof within ProdX 2.4, including metadata, i.e. when, who, where and what was inspected - exceeding the requirements of British Retail Consortium Global Standard (BRCGS) Food Safety Clause 6.3.3.