Antares Vision (Travagliato, Italy) has introduced a high-resolution vision system providing inline layout inspection for webs and labels. Features of the AV Print Inspector includes:
- Integration into new or existing labeling, printing or packaging machines.
- Whole-label inspection at speeds up to 80 meters/minute.
- Support for all major vision system tools and a wide array of layout features, including 1D/2D barcodes; optical character recognition (OCR) and verification (OCV); pattern matching; color check and pattern matching.
- Capable of defining as many as 40 unique regions of interest.
- Can either conduct quality control by referring to an imported image, such as a PDF, or via an algorithm that automatically calculates the inspection parameters, discriminating between fixed and variable data.
- Inspection formats can be created directly by operators using an intutive graphic user interface (GUI) that does not require significant coding or vision systems experience.
- 21CFR/11 compliant.
- Can automatically generate batch and audit trail reports.
- Its sandard head size handles labels and web applications up to 4" wide, with 6” and 12” options available.