Flexicon (Bethlehem, PA) offers their BULK-OUT BFF Series Discharger with features that include:
- Top-mounted receiving cups and a removable bag-lifting frame for forklift loading of bulk bags.
- Z-CLIP strap holders for quicker, secure insertion and removal of bag straps from the lifting frame at floor level.
- The bulk bag/hopper interface is comprised of a manual SPOUT-LOCK clamp ring for high-integrity bag spout connections, and a pneumatically-actuated TELE-TUBE telescoping tube that exerts continuous downward tension on the clamp ring and bag spout as the bag empties and elongates, promoting flow and evacuation.
- Additional flow is afforded by FLOW-FLEXER bag activators that raise and lower opposite, bottom sides of the bag at timed intervals into a steep “V” shape, and top-mounted POP-TOP extension devices that elongate the entire bag, promoting total discharge with no manual intervention.
- The hopper is equipped with Dual Flexible Screw Conveyors that transfer free- and non-free-flowing bulk materials to downstream processes separately or simultaneously.
- The flexible screws are the only moving parts contacting material, and are driven beyond the point at which material is discharged, preventing material contact with seals.
- The system is available in carbon steel with durable industrial coating, or stainless steel finished.