Key Technology recently unveiled its VERYX® digital sorters for fresh cut, hydroponically-grown leafy greens. Combining sorting and conveying, the VERYX sorters offer features that inlude:
- Integration with Iso-Flo vibratory conveyors to find and remove defective product and foreign materials.
- Inspection with top and bottom sensors to see all sides of the product with no blind spots, enabling VERYX to eliminate more FM and defects, as well as analyze the color, size and shape of every object in the product stream.
- It can also be equipped with Key’s proprietary Pixel Fusion technology, which combines pixel-level input from multiple cameras and laser scanners to create a unique, unambiguous ‘signature’ for each type of substance in the product stream.
- An open design, sloped surfaces, and minimal exposed fastener threads for simplified cleaning and quicker change-overs.
- The Discovery suite of software capabilities, which enables the sorter to collect, analyze and share data.