- The market for soda has been on a downward trajectory for the last few years as consumers trend more towards flavored sparkling water.
- Major beverage companies are trying to reinvigorate their core products by leveraging trends.
- PepsiCo is banking on America’s love of ready-to-drink iced coffee to propel its new product, Pepsi Café, forward.
- Pepsi Café, available this spring for a limited time, infuses cola with coffee and features nearly twice the caffeine as regular Pepsi.
- The company calls it "cola forward," with an "authentic, coffee flavor to finish."
- Coke also launched a coffee-infusion version of its signature cola a few years back, and expects it to be in 25 markets by the end of the year.
- No word whether one of those will be the U.S.