NK Technologies introduced its ASXP-LS Current Switches — a combination current transformer and signal conditoner designed specifically for monitoring large loads. The switches feature electromechanical relay output, external power source, simple field setpoint adjustment and easy installation. The mechanical relay contact provides a trouble-free, durable alarm or interlock, improving safety and overall system reliability, while the selectable "Fail Safe" operation provides protection for critical loads.
The Current Switches are used to monitor large machines for over-or under-load conditions, detect open discharge lines and sense clogged filters. They can also monitor generators to shed non-critical loads when demand reaches a set level.
Key features include:
- Split-Core Housing: Allows sensor to be installed over existing conductors
- Easy Installation: Snap onto DIN rail or attach to back panel through sensor base
- Larger Sensing Aperture: Large window (2.3” w x 3.42” h) easily accommodates conductors and multiple wires per phase
- Electromechanical Relay Output: Use with AC or DC control circuits and for no-volt inputs (e.g. timing relay triggers)
- Load Start Delay: Adjustable delay allows large motors to start against high-inertia loads without tripping
- Wide Range: Four models available with trip points between 200 – 1600 amps
- Accepted Worldwide: Designed to meet UL, CUL, and CE requirements
NK Technologies www.nktechnologies.com