PDC International (Norwalk, CT) has introduced the R-300 Aerosol Twin Packer Shrink Sleeve Applicator for aerosol food packaging and similar applications. Features include:
- Can quickly reconfigure from a shrink labeler to multipacker, and back again.
- Product counters are integrated at the infeed and discharge of the shrink tunnel. They detect fallen containers and tunnel jams so they can be quickly cleared without incident.
- Auto-lift Tunnel Stands lift the shrink tunnel away from the conveyor automatically, removing the heat source from around the aerosol package to avoid can explosions.
- Compatible with rigid packages, cartons, bottles and cans, and for container sizes ranging from two ounces to a gallon.
- It replaces the quick-dulling “spinning knives” typical on other sleeving machines with a proprietary heavy-duty knife assembly.
- A Zero-Downtime Splice-on-the-Fly Accumulator for roll changes to improve uptime.