CAMDEN, N.J. (BUSINESS WIRE) — Campbell Soup Company has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the 10th consecutive year. These independent rankings recognize Campbell’s leadership in creating a more sustainable environment and making a measurable difference in Campbell’s hometown communities.
"Campbell is honored to again be included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices," said Dave Stangis, Campbell’s Chief Sustainability Officer. "Our sustainability efforts are designed to accelerate Campbell’s Purpose, Real food that matters for life’s moments. We continue to integrate sustainability into our operations, stretching across the way we grow, source, produce and ultimately share our food."
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and its publisher, RobecoSAM, recognized Campbell’s strength in several areas including: Corporate Governance, Risk & Crisis Management, Policy Influence, Health & Nutrition, Sustainability Reporting, Labor Practices and Health & Safety. Campbell’s key achievements in fiscal 2018 include:
- Delivering more than 15 billion servings of vegetables to the global marketplace through its food and beverages, with healthy products accounting for nearly $3 billion in annual sales globally.
- Launching new Responsible Sourcing goals with a focus on farm-to-fork traceability.
- Transitioning 100 percent of steel cans to non-BPA linings in the U.S. and Canada.
- Installing a 4.4 MW solar array at its World Headquarters in Camden, N.J.; the largest solar array in the city.
- Achieving a 91 percent landfill diversion rate with an expanded focus on measuring and diverting food waste.
- Providing $61.9 million in charitable investments and in-kind giving.
Launched in 1999, the DJSI represents the gold standard for corporate sustainability and is the first global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies based on RobecoSAM’s analysis of financially material Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors and S&P DJI’s robust index methodology.
Campbell’s Corporate Responsibility strategies are designed to deliver measurable impacts and can be found in Campbell’s 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report. To learn more visit www.campbellcsr.com.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell (NYSE:CPB) is driven and inspired by our Purpose, "Real food that matters for life's moments." For generations, people have trusted Campbell to provide authentic, flavorful and affordable snacks, soups and simple meals, and beverages. Founded in 1869, Campbell has a heritage of giving back and acting as a good steward of the planet's natural resources. The company is a member of the Standard and Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. For more information, visit www.campbellsoupcompany.com or follow company news on Twitter via @CampbellSoupCo. To learn more about how we make our food and the choices behind the ingredients we use, visit www.whatsinmyfood.com.