Thermo Fisher Scientific (Minneapolis, MN) has unveiled what the company describes as an affordable, yet sophisticated and easy-to-use X-ray detection platform designed to enable food processors to meet the global demand for more thorough inspection. Features of the NextGuard system include:
- Multiple contaminant detection algorithms.
- The ability to modify, test and change detection parameters on the fly.
- QA check mode, automating operator audits and record keeping.
- A wraparound detector to reduce blind spots.
- Built-in internet remote support hardware and software.
- On-machine reject image storage for up to 90 days.