The DS1000 3D laser profiling system calibrates real-world units of measurement for inspections too difficult to perform with traditional 2D machine vision. The new sensor:
- Reads embossed or raised characters such as those on automobile tires
- Verifies the presence of low-contrast items in boxes or packages
- Identifies surface defects and chips with low or no contrast
- Measures heights and tilts of components to determine misalignment
- Calculates volumes and dimensions for food portioning
The integrated system includes a high-speed sensor and laser that are both enclosed in an IP65-rated industrial housing.
Cognex Corporation, www.cognex.com