Ingredient Feeding, Batching and Metering: K-Tron Process Group Smart Weigh Belt (SWB) Feeder
Smart Weigh Belt (SWB) Feeders are a key component used for the weighing of a variety of bulk solids in a wide range of processes. Typical applications include feeding / weighing into a continuous process. The process material may enter the Smart Weigh Belt directly from an upstream hopper or via a prefeed device like a screw feeder. The SWB offers gentle material handling, an important benefit compared to other feed devices like a screw feeder when handling the following materials:
• Flakes (e.g. corn flakes, bran flakes, and wheat flakes)
• Lumpy bulk solids (e.g. vegetables and fruits)
• Shear sensitive materials (e.g. corn flakes, frozen vegetables and frozen fruits)
• High abrasive bulk solids - due to a low friction coefficient applied to the materials
• Low melting bulk solids (e.g. fat flakes)
• For more information visit www.ktron.com/swb.
To send an email to K-Tron, click here.