PACK EXPO Coverage: Association Pavilion Is a Destination unto Itself
RESTON, Va. (PMMI) — PACK EXPO Las Vegas (Sept. 23–25, 2013; Las Vegas Convention Center)  really is a place where processing and packaging professionals come together, says show owner and producer PMMI, The Association for Packaging & Processing Technologies.
The growing show (over 700,000 net square feet and expanding) is addressing the needs of the business owners, brand managers and production line personnel who attend with customer-centric features and a wide range of industry leaders exhibiting in the Association Pavilion.
“The Association Pavilion reflects the breadth of our attendee base,” says Charles D. Yuska, president & CEO, PMMI. “Exhibiting groups are here because this is where their members go for innovative technologies and ideas. PACK EXPO keeps the associations and their members moving forward.”
Allied Association Program participants will exhibit in the Association Pavilion; it’s an important component for leveraging the prestige, access and exposure that comes with being part of the year’s largest North American packaging and processing trade show.
Allied Association Program participants (below, to date) will exhibit in PACK EXPO’s Association Pavilion:
- Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC)
- American Meat Institute (AMI)
- Association of International Metallizers, Coaters and Laminators (AIMCAL)
- Australian Packaging & Processing Machinery Association (APPMA)
- Can Manufacturers Institute (CMI)
- China Food and Packaging Machinery Industry Association (CFPMA)
- The Contract Packaging Association (CPA)
- Flexographic Technical Association (FTA)
- Foil & Specialty Effects Association (FSEA)
- Food Marketing Institute (FMI)
- Glass Packaging Institute (GPI)
- In-Mold Decorating Association (IMDA)
- International Molded Fiber Association (IMFA)
- Instituto Argentino Del Envase (IAE)
- ODVA, Inc.
- The Organization for Machine Automation and Control (OMAC)
- Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
- SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association
- TAPPI - Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
However, not all associations in the pavilion are participating in the program. Other “residents” of the Association Pavilion, include (to date):
- Mexican Packaging Association (AMEE)
- Italian Trade Commission
- Italian Packaging Machinery Manufacturers Association (UCIMA)
- US Export Pavilion
“In many ways, the Association Pavilion is a microcosm of the PACK EXPO show floor. It brings together so many associations that can provide guidance on trends, technologies, regulatory changes, sustainability measures and ways to streamline efficiency, making it convenient destination to address industry-specific challenges,” says Yuska.
PACK EXPO registration is open at PACK EXPO.com , and through Sept. 9, admission is just $30. (Price goes up to $60 after Sept. 9.)
PMMI, the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, is a trade association representing over 600 packaging and processing supply chain companies that provide a full range of packaging and processing machinery, materials, components and containers. PMMI actively brings buyers and sellers together through programs and events such as The PACK EXPO family of trade shows, packexpo.com, PMT Magazine, PACK EXPO Show Daily, networking events and educational programs.
PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas, PACK EXPO East, EXPO PACK Mexico and EXPO PACK Guadalajara, connecting participants in the packaging and processing supply chain with their customers around the world. Coming Up: ; PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013 , Sept. 23–25, 2013 (Las Vegas Convention Center); EXPO PACK México 2014 , June 17-20, 2014 (Mexico City, Mexico); PACK EXPO International 2014, Nov. 2-5, 2014 (McCormick Place, Chicago); Pharma EXPO, co-located with PACK EXPO International 2014, presented jointly with the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE); PACK EXPO East, debuting Feb. 2–4, 2015 (Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia); EXPO PACK Guadalajara 2015, March 18-20, 2015 (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico).