Consumer Trends: Turkey Day Survey
CANTON, Mass. (PRNewswire) — To delve deeper into turkey day trends, Baskin-Robbins commissioned a nationally-representative, independent survey of 1,005 Americans. The survey revealed that six in 10 Americans (59%) usually bring dessert to their Thanksgiving meal when dining as guests.
Notable findings from the Baskin-Robbins turkey day survey include:
Talk Turkey to Me:
- Roasted or Fried? Seventy-three percent (73%) of Americans who eat Thanksgiving turkey prefer their turkey to be roasted over deep-fried (13%) or smoked (8%).
- Most popular part of the bird? Fifty-two percent (52%) chose breast meat, followed distantly by the thigh and leg (each 14%), among other popular choices.
Super Side Dishes:
- Applying a unique spin to a Thanksgiving recipe is mostly done with side dishes (35%), followed closely by desserts (29%).
- Indeed, when asked to select the most important part of the Thanksgiving meal, aside from the turkey, more than a quarter (28%) chose dessert – though side dishes ranked first, selected by 57% of Americans.
- Given a list of popular Thanksgiving side dishes, stuffing emerges as the favorite (33%), followed by mashed potatoes (26%), sweet potatoes (11%), and cranberry sauce (9%), among others.
Food, Friends or Football?
- What's the best part of the Thanksgiving meal? More than eight in 10 (82%) cite enjoying it with friends and family, while 9% of Americans say it's the leftovers they most relish!
- Along these lines, spending time with loved ones is Americans' favorite Thanksgiving Day activity (62%), besides eating. Watching football (19%) and parades (7%) follow.
For more information about Baskin-Robbins and its wide range of ice cream flavors and frozen treats, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com  or follow on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins ) or on Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins ).