Consumer Trends: Kellogg Builds on Latest Food Trends
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (PRNewswire) — Kellogg Company is debuting a wide range of products from some of its most popular brands, building on the latest food trends and meeting the needs of today's consumers.
The new products stretch across Kellogg Company's U.S. portfolio, including cereal, snacks and frozen foods, and will deliver the taste and nutrition consumers are seeking, while providing options that meet their increasingly hectic lifestyles.
"Ready-to-eat cereal continues to be the most popular breakfast choice in the U.S.," said Michael Allen, president of Kellogg U.S. Morning Foods, "It tastes great and can help set you up for a more successful day."
To provide new options of this morning favorite, Kellogg is introducing three cereals from some of its most popular brands, including:
- New Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats Touch of Fruit Raisin cereal combines the whole grain and fiber of Frosted Mini-Wheats with sweet raisins and delicious frosting.
- Kellogg's Krave® S'mores cereal are crispy graham-flavored whole grain cereal shells with a deliciously smooth chocolate and marshmallow creme center.
- Kashi ® Organic Promise Raisin Vineyard cereal features rice, wheat and quinoa flakes combined with sun-ripened raisins.
"Whether to help start their day or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack, more and more people are seeking wholesome snack choices that provide positive nutrition," said Brian Huff, president of Kellogg U.S. Snacks. "And they also want variety, with new twists from their favorite snack brands."
New snack offerings consist of a wide range of products, including:
- Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest bars are a soft-baked blend of whole grains and oats with a sweet filling and 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per serving. They are available in Country Strawberry and Blueberry Bliss.
- Kellogg's To Go Morning Biscuits provide the nutrition normally associated with cereal in each four-biscuit serving. They are available in Oats & Honey and Oatmeal Raisin.
- Special K® Indulgent Moments are delicious little 70-calorie snack bars debuting in Coconut Dream and Caramel Pretzel Bliss varieties.
- Kashi Crunchy Granola and Seed bars are available in Honey Oat Flax and Chocolate Chip Chia and are made with a blend of Kashi's 7 whole grains, quinoa, flax and chia seeds.
- New Pringles® Tortilla Crisps are full of flavorful ingredients and debut in three flavors: Original, Nacho Cheese, and Southwestern Ranch.
- Cheez-It® Grooves delivers the flavor and texture consumers expect from a new Cheez-It cracker and debut in Zesty Cheddar Ranch and Sharp White Cheddar.
- Keebler® Fudge Covered Coconut Dreams adds a layer of Keebler Fudge around a shortbread cookie that is already topped with caramel and toasted coconut.
Frozen Food Flavor
"When heading down the frozen food aisle, many consumers are looking for breakfast options that make it easy to give their families a warm, delicious start to the day," said Andrew Loucks, president of Kellogg U.S. Frozen Foods. "For other occasions, people are seeking foods with bold flavors, ethnic flair and unique ingredients."
Kellogg frozen foods brands offer several new items that meet these demands, including:
- New bite-sized Eggo Bites™ Waffles and French Toast come in single-serving microwaveable pouches that can be eaten away from the table during the hectic morning rush. The French toast comes in vanilla and cinnamon flavors and waffles come in maple flavor. No syrup needed.
- The new Special K Bacon Egg and Cheese Flatbread breakfast sandwich is a great tasting option that provides the nutrition that weight managers are seeking. It's convenient as well, ready after just 90 seconds in the microwave.
- Morningstar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa burger is made with quinoa, lentils and veggies. This new burger is organic and Non-GMO Project certified.
- Kashi is debuting Greek Tzatziki and Indian Tikka Masala single-serving pizza that features a crust made with Kashi's 7 whole grain blend, sesame and flax seed.
For more information on these products visit Kelloggcompany.com
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2012 sales of $14.2 billion, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Every day, our well-loved brands nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. These brands include Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Kashi®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Coco Pops®, Mini-Wheats®, and many more. Because we believe in the power of breakfast, we focus our philanthropic efforts global hunger relief through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ initiative, providing 1 billion servings of cereal and snacks - more than half of which are breakfasts - to children and families in need by the end of 2016. To learn more about our responsible business leadership, foods that delight and how we strive to make a difference in our communities around the world, visit www.kelloggcompany.com.