SPARKS, Md. (PRNewswire) — After waiting so long to taste the distinctive flavors that make the holiday season so special, McCormick, a global leader in flavor, is here to make sure each moment is filled with them — every day leading up to Thanksgiving and every day after. With simple tips from the McCormick Kitchens on enjoying the season's top seven flavors — pumpkin spice, ginger, vanilla, peppermint, sage, cinnamon and nutmeg — everything from breakfast to dessert can have the best holiday taste.
"There's really no reason to wait for a special occasion to savor the 'Seasonal Seven' flavors," said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. "For example, when I wake up in the morning, I like adding pumpkin pie spice to my coffee so I can start my day with that extra-special holiday flavor. To make Sunday dinners a little more festive, I'll add sage to my creamy potato gratin."
Seasonal Seven Flavors for Moments Big and Small
Think of every meal as an opportunity to include holiday tastes:
- Breakfast – Top your morning bagel with a Pumpkin Spice Spread by adding pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and brown sugar to store-bought cream cheese. When you're hosting a brunch, serve a Cheesy Bacon and Egg Casserole.
- Lunch – Stir cranberry and ginger into mayo for a tasty sandwich spread any day of the week. For a special weekend lunch, use leftovers to make an Ultimate Leftover Turkey Panini or Sage and Turkey Pot Pie Soup.
- Dinner – Give ordinary green beans or broccoli a festive twist by topping them with Savory Sage Butter. For Thanksgiving, try Butternut Squash Soup with ginger and nutmeg as a delicious starter. Then, serve Savory Herb Rub Roasted Turkey with Classic Herb Stuffing and Apple Sage Turkey Gravy.
- Dessert – Top everyday desserts like ice cream and brownies with whipped cream in a variety of flavors – including Candy Cane, Cocoa Cinnamon or Eggnog – and swirl in red food color for a festive accent. If you're entertaining, try Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie, a twist on a traditional pecan pie with smooth layers of rich chocolate and cinnamon.
- Drinks – Warm up from the cold with Pumpkin Spiced Coffee, or melt Peppermint White Hot Chocolate on a Stick into warm milk for a seasonal hot chocolate you can enjoy anywhere. For a signature holiday drink to kick off your party, try a Peppermint Paddy Martini.
Visit www.McCormick.com, www.Facebook.com/McCormickSpice and www.Pinterest.com/mccormickspices for simple ideas that will inspire you to make sure each moment is filled with seasonal flavor. Look for McCormick Spices in the spice aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers nationwide.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.mccormick.com/FoodMedia.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. Visit McCormick.com and Facebook.com/McCormickSpice for more information.