Consumer Trends: Coffee Habits in the Workplace
PHILADELPHIA (PRNewswire) — To celebrate National Coffee Break Day (January 20 th), ARAMARK Refreshment Services, the nation's leading office coffee services provider, poured through its records to uncover the coffee drinking habits in the workplace, among its customers.
ARAMARK analyzed sales information for calendar year 2012, from more than 100,000 workplaces it serves in the United States, and found that customer employees working in the Houston, Los Angeles and Chicago metropolitan areas consumed the most cups of coffee on the job, while those in Miami, New York and Las Vegas consumed the least.
When it comes to the age old question — "regular or decaf?" — employees in Houston and Las Vegas need their daily java jolt, consuming the most caffeinated hot beverages on the job (78% of hot beverages consumed in the workplaces in these cities are caffeinated), while those working in Boston and Philadelphia consumed the most decaf (35% of hot beverages consumed in the workplace are decaffeinated).
"Office coffee is an integral part of the workplace experience and helps boost employee satisfaction," said Jonathan Peters, Executive Vice President, ARAMARK Refreshment Services. "As the leader in refreshment services, we understand what it takes to create customized refreshment programs for our clients, and we take pride in creating great coffee break experiences for their employees."
ARAMARK's analysis of its customer information also uncovered the following 'fun facts' about hot beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cappuccino/lattes) consumed in the workplac
- Top 5- In an average month, the U.S. cities and surrounding areas that consume the most cups of ARAMARK-provided office coffee in the workplace are (in descending order):
2. Los Angeles
- Keep the Caffeine- According to ARAMARK data, workplaces in these cities consume the most caffeinated hot beverages.
- Houston and Las Vegas -- 78% of hot beverages consumed in the workplace contain caffeine.
- Seattle and Miami -- 77%
- Los Angeles -- 74%
- Make Mine Decaf- According to ARAMARK data, workplaces in these cities consume the most decaffeinated hot beverages.
- Boston and Philadelphia -- 35% of hot beverages consumed in the workplace are decaf.
- Washington DC – 31%
- New York -- 30%
- Java Gets Workers Going- According to ARAMARK data, coffee is the most popular workplace hot beverage in the following four cities.
- New York
- Washington DC
- Do Me A Flavor- According to ARAMARK data, the most popular coffee flavors in the workplace, for these three cities, are:
- Boston -- Hazelnut
- New York -- French Vanilla
- Washington, DC -- Hazelnut
About ARAMARK Refreshment Services
ARAMARK provides workplace refreshments to more than 100,000 locations throughout North America, offering clients a single source for office coffee service, water filtration, brand-name beverages, and food and break-room essentials. Through The Complete Breaktime Experience®, Refreshment Services offers a holistic approach to providing outstanding client service which helps employers attract and retain the best people. Visit www.aramarkrefreshments.com to learn more.
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramark.