PARIS, France (PRNewswire) — Food Ingredients Europe & Natural Ingredients, in its 25th edition, announced the winners of the Fi Excellence Awards. The Awards, organized every two years, rewarded the major innovations in the food industry in six categories, as well as 'The Most Innovative Food Ingredient', the overall winner of the Fi Excellence Awards.
Mr. Henry Dixon Barrett, Chairman of the Jury said: "We were really impressed with the quality of research and innovations of the awards submissions this year. Above all, it was important for us to reward products whose application provides a real benefit to the consumer. We hope the industry will join us in welcoming the award-winning products."
The Most Innovative Food Ingredient Award: Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao
- Muntons – Maltichoc - to be used as a partial cocoa powder and chocolate replacer in baked goods.
- Chr. Hansen A/S - Red Strawberry Fragaria 100 WS - The new patent pending carmine has superior process stability enabling a decrease of pigment concentration by 10 - 20% compared to standard carmine.
- National Starch Food Innovation - Purity Gum- a unique emulsion stabilizing starch derived from waxy maize.
- Purac - PuraQ Arome NA4 - a breakthrough in clean label, natural solutions for sodium reduction in food.
- Barry Callebaut - Terra Cacao - This revolutionary, all-natural, controlled fermentation technique method consistently produces top-quality cocoa with zero defects or off-flavors.
- Lyckeby Culinar AB - Culinar Include - an innovation especially designed to bring 100 % natural colours and flavours to breakfast cereals and muesli.